Eric The Echidna Has Lost His Spikes

"Eric the Echidna" is a children's book about an Echidna who gets caught in a storm and loses his spikes. Go on a journey with Eric and meet some of his friends who helped him find them.

Beautifully illustrated pencil drawings recreate the Australian bush and animals.

Children will love to meet characters like Derek the Dingo, Karl the Kookaburra and Cedric the Crocodile. Designed to read to 0-5 years or for early readers 6-8years.



Saturday, September 10, 2011

Brisbane Writers Festival

I attended a workshop on Publishing in the Young Adult & Children's Market at the Brisbane writers festival yesterday. Of the 90 people in the Masterclass 80% of the attendants had a book to write, I am not sure on the numbers of them that will ever get their book published. It is overwhelming the process involved in getting noticed by an agent or publisher, there are a lot of books on slush piles out there. It was inspiring to hear from a few of those lucky enough to get a foot & the door & succeed, Tristan Bancks & Emily Rodda.

For me I am happy about my decision to self publish. It gave me something positive to focus on during my illness, allowing me something that I could take control of in my life. I have had much pleasure in seeing how children have taken to the book, for this I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment